AFFORDABLE HOUSING (7 DEvelOPmenTs)
Passive House — Under construction
425 Grand Concourse at West 165th Street in Mott Haven
- Expected completion by the end of 2021.
- At 26 stories, will be the tallest of all New York Passive Houses, a collection of buildings that strive to reduce energy consumption by 85%.
- All 277 units have been earmarked to be affordable, likely between 60% to 100% of the New York City area median income
La Central — Open
556 and 600 Bergen Ave. in Melrose
- 992 units available. Two buildings that will provide 494 affordable housing units.
- Qualifying tenants will earn 30% to 130% of the area median income.
- Part of a larger development project that will be located near a state-of- the-art YMCA.
Breaking Ground — Open
626 Bergen Ave. in Melrose
- Part of the La Centrale Development, this complex specifically provides housing to a mix of formerly homeless individuals with special needs and low-income tenants.
- 166 units total, the facility opened in late 2019 and is part of the greater La Centrale neighborhood.
Crossroads Plaza — Open
535 Union Ave., 828 E. 149th St., 501 Southern Blvd. in Mott Haven
- 425 units spread over three non-adjacent buildings, which opened between 2016 and 2018.
- Complex utilizes the city’s mixed middle-income program.
- Two buildings are priced based on tenants earning 50% to 130% of the area median income.
- The third building uses the city’s low-income tax credit program, with rents starting at 40% of AMI.
The Peninsula — Under construction
1221 Spofford Ave. in Hunts Point
- Located on the former site of the Spofford Juvenile Detention Center
- 740 units, all of which will be affordable.
- Residents of Communtiy District 2 will receive preference for 50% of the units.
- 80% of the units will be for those earning below 60% of the area median income.
- Maximum rent will be 90% of AMI.
- 45% of units—two and three bedrooms—will be intended for families
Bronx Commons — Open
443 E. 162nd St. in Melrose
- All 305 units are deemed affordable.
- Preference on 50% of units will be given to residents of Community District 3.
- Tenants’ incomes range from 30% to 110% of area media income, with additional accommodations provided to homeless individuals, and families as well as survivors of domestic violence.
The Cauldwell — Open
735 Cauldwell Ave. in Melrose
- 161 units, all deemed affordable.
- Application for the lottery was due in January, units are opening up on a rolling basis.
- 22 units available for tenants earning 30% of the area median income, 52 units for those earning 50% AMI, 87 units for tenants at 100% of AMI.
Hybrid: Market Rate and Affordable (3 DEVELOPMENTS)
Bronx Point — Under construction
145th Street overlooking the Harlem River
- Projected for completion in 2023.
- 542 of its 1,045 units will be permanently available to low-income tenants.
- Units are slated for tenants who earn between 30% and 120% of the area median income.
- The application process will follow the city’s standard affordable housing procedures.
Bankside — Under construction
2401 Third Ave., 101 Lincoln Ave. in Mott Haven
- Staggered openings expected to begin in early 2022.
- A third of its 1,350 units reportedly will be targeted for tenants earning between 80% and 130% of the area median income.
Lyra — Under construction
414, 445 Gerard Ave. in Mott Haven
- Expected completion: early 2023.
- 544 units total, 180 will be income targeted for tenants earning between 80% and 130% of the area median income.
Hybrid: Luxury/Market Rate (4 DEVELOPMENTS)
The Arches — Open
224-228 E. 135th St. in Mott Haven
- 450 Units, open since 2020.
- Renters can earn between 100% and 120% of area median income.
- One bedrooms start at $2,500, two bedrooms at $2,950.
- Units are still available. Application process gives preference to city residents.
Bridgeline — Open
329 E. 132nd St. in Mott Haven
- 91 units, open since 2018.
- Renters can earn between 110% and 120% of area median income.
- One bedrooms start at $2,350, two bedrooms at $2,900.
- Limited availability.
The Crescendo — Open
25 Bruckner Blvd. in Mott Haven
- 130 units, open since 2017.
- Available to renters earning 120% to 140% of the area median income. One bedrooms start at $2,695, two bedrooms at $3,550.
- Limited availability.
The Joinery — Open
225 E. 138th St in Mott Haven
- 47 condo units, open since 2019.
- Pricing based on individual unit sales.
- All listings have been at or well above market rate.